2006 NON-MOTORIZED TRAIL PLAN
***Final Trail Plan Adopted as of March 27th, 2006***
Non-Motorized Trail Plan Volume I (1.4 mb PDF)
Non-Motorized Trail Plan Volume II (1.7 mb PDF)
Off-street Database Volume II (142 kb PDF)
On-street Database Volume II (113 kb PDF)
We recommend downloading the files to your computer for viewing due to their size. To save to your computer, right click on the desired link and choose "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..." depending on your choice of browser.
What is a Non-Motorized Trail Plan?
- A Non-Motorized Trail Plan is a comprehensive document that includes maps and supporting documentation for existing and proposed trails representing a variety of uses.
- The 2006 Island County Non-Motorized Trail Plan focuses on non-motorized trails on Whidbey and Camano Islands for walking, hiking, road cycling, mountain biking, kayaking and equestrian purposes.
Why did Island County Develop a Non-Motorized Trail Plan?
- The primary goal for the 2006 Island County Non-Motorized Trail Plan Project was to enhance the livability and connectivity of our communities.
- Research has proven that having a safe and interconnected trail system encourages activity, supports healthy lifestyles and increases transportation options for the entire community.
- Required element of the Island County Transportation Plan
For questions contact the Island County Public Works Department.
Camano Island: 360.629.4522 ext. 7331
North Whidbey: 360.679.7331
South Whidbey: 360.321.5111 ext. 7331