JUROR REPORTING PROCEDURES
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. YOUR GROUP NUMBER is on the face of the Jury Summons. This number will remain important for the duration of your term. Your "term" is for 9 days, unless a trial runs longer than 9 days.
2. Your first reporting date and the location of the court where you need to appear for jury duty (Superior Court or District Court) are also on the face of the Jury Summons located after YOUR TERM OF SERVICE.
3. After 5:30 p.m. the evening before your assigned reporting date, you may contact the following juror recordings to get information as to whether your presence will be needed the next day for jury duty:
SUPERIOR COURT: (800) 254-2755. If you are required to appear at Superior Court, please arrive by 8:30 A.M.
DISTRICT COURT: (800) 946-9765. If you are required to appear at District Court, please arrive by 8:00 a.m.
4. If a jury is needed, the recorded message will indicate that you are to report by YOUR GROUP NUMBER. It is very important to listen to the full recording for further instructions for the following week of your jury duty.
5. Juror Parking Instructions. Jurors are permitted to park in the vicinity of the Courthouse in any 2 hour zone and visitor parking area, as wll as in the Methodist Church and Catholic Church parking areas. Do not park in the reserved parking spaces.
6. Any requests for exemption and deferments must be written, either on the back of the jury summons or on a separate piece of paper, and forwarded to Jury Management at P.O. Box 5000, Coupeville, WA 98239-5000. No excusals or deferments can be granted over the telephone.
7. Any jury inquiries can be directed to jury management at (360) 679-7361. The toll free number for jurors calling from South Whidbey is (360) 321-5111 ext. 7361 and from Camano Island, (360) 629-4522 ext. 7361. Individuals requesting Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations should contact jury management.
8. General Juror Information can be viewed at Washington State Jury Information