The Housing Assistance office manages state and federal contracts and local recording surcharge funds designated for affordable and homeless housing.

Our office does not provide direct housing support, assistance or services to individuals or families; however we maintain a strong relationship with local providers within Island County, who in turn provide services to individuals and families.

If you…

Are homeless or at risk of losing your housing, call:

Are fleeing an abusive relationship and need housing, call:

Are homeless or living with family or friends and you have a child in school, call:

Are transitioning from chemical dependency treatment, inpatient hospital, or jail, call:

Are a senior or have a disability and are seeking affordable housing, call:

Are seeking affordable housing, view this link for affordable apartments on Whidbey Island:

Are seeking home ownership, call:

Opportunity Council: 360-679-6577

Citizen's Against Domestic and Sexual Abuse (CADA): 360-675-7057

Readiness to Learn Foundation: 360-221-6808 ext. 131

Compass Health: 360-678-5555

Housing Authority: 360-678-4181

Low Cost Housing

Habitat for Humanity: 360-679-9444

For other questions contact Joanne Pelant, 360-678-7962 or Catherine Reid, 360-678-7804