Island County Human Services provides a myriad of services and programs either directly or indirectly to Island County citizens. Among these programs are:
Early childhood and employment services for individuals who experience a developmental disability, Chemical dependency treatment and prevention services, jail transition services for individuals with a mental illness or chemical dependency moving back into the community, veterans assistance services, outreach and case management for seniors and vulnerable adults, transitional housing services for individuals with a mental illness or chemical dependency coming out of jail, prison or inpatient facility, mental health services and support in all 4 school districts.
We also provide funding for support groups, education and training in all of the above areas. We work cooperatively and collaboratively with other county departments, state agencies and community agencies and organizations. We are always available for information and referral assistance.
Many would be surprised to know that thousands of Island County citizens are helped every year through these programs. Unless you have had personal contact with someone who has been served by one of these programs, you may not even know of their existence. However, if you’ve ever experienced a need in one of these areas, you know that these services can literally be lifesaving for an individual or a family.
Island County is a place where people are respected and valued and where everyone has the opportunity to participate in and contribute to their community.
Island County Human Services is an accessible and responsive community resource, working collaboratively to help meet essential needs of the people of Island County and to provide opportunities for our citizens to become contributing members of our community.
- working with compassion, integrity, intention and enthusiasm.
- building positive community partnerships and coalitions.
- treating ourselves and others with respect and dignity.
- being good stewards of public funds.
- being accountable to ourselves, one another and the public.
- being respectful and honoring diversity.
- encouraging a blended model of health and healing that includes mind, body, spirit, nature and community.
- creating an open, respectful and fun working environment.
- enjoying ourselves along the way and occasionally cutting loose.
How to contact us:
Location:402 N. Main Street
Coupeville, WA 98239-5000
PhonesOffice: (360) 678-7880
Fax: (360) 679-7377
Mailing Address:PO BOX 5000
Coupeville WA 98239-5000
Office Hours:8:00 AM to 4:30pm
Monday through Friday