Court Appointed Special Advocates
Program Coordinator: Carla Grau-Egerton
CASA Volunteers: Ordinary people doing extraordinary work.
CASA volunteers are committed to finding out what is in the best interests of a child, and making their recommendation to the judge in court.
The CASA program's goal is to provide a volunteer for every child who needs one.
- Are you a mature, responsible adult?
- Can you talk with people who are having problems?
- Are you sensitive to people of diverse cultures?
- Do you have time to commit to children?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference?
If you answered YES to the above listed questions, becoming a Court Appointed Special Advocate may be the volunteer opportunity for you!
As a CASA volunteer, you will be able to work with confidence. All volunteers are thoroughly trained, supported, and supervised in understanding the special needs of abused and neglected children, the social service and juvenile court systems, and courtroom procedures.
For more information call 360 240-5560.
Links of interest: www.washingtonstatecasa.org