ISLAND COUNTY Planning & Community Development
We are continuously attempting to make things easier for you to access. We hope this site is helpful!
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Land Use Application submittals by appointment only for details click here
COMPLETED BUILDING pERMITs ACCEPTED UNTIL 2:00 P.M.
cAMANO - completed BUILDING permits accepted 8:00 - 11:00 am & 1:00 - 2:00 PM
Planning and Community Development's Frequently Requested Items
Public Notices for Land Use Applications
Other Public Notices of meetings and hearings
- Current Planning Commission materials posted on Planning Commission Page
- Visit the new Island County Comprehensive Plan Update Website for all the latest information on the update process!
The Board will consider scheduling a resolution that establishes the scope of work for the 2016 Comprehensive Plan Update in an upcoming Regular Meeting.
- NEW - Preliminary maps of the proposed FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM)
The latest Adopted Ordinances or Resolutions
Comprehensive Plan Update Ordinances or Resolutions will be posted to the Website noted above
- Interim Ordinance - C-16-15 signed by the Board of Island County Commissioners 2/17/15 and reaffirmed at public hearing 3/24/15. This is an Interim Official Control that amends Development Regulations which apply to preexisting agricultural activities within Critical Area Overlay Zones.
- Ordinance - C-40-14 regarding implementation of I-502 Land Use regulations
(as signed by the BOCC 5/5/14)
- Ordinance C-75-14 as signed by the Board of Island County Commissioners 9/22/14 amending Island County Code and the Island County Comprehensive Plan to update the County’s protection standards for Fish and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Areas.
Other materials associated with the Fish and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Areas update are available at the project website: Island County Fish and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Areas Update
- Learn more about Low Impact Development (LID)
- Airport Environs Map
- Disclosure Statements in ICC 9.44.050 and ICC 14.01B.100 - Memo to the BOCC 12-17-13
- Aircraft Accident Potential Zones (APZ) Overlay
Public Records Requests must be requested from the specific Department that holds the record.
The Island County Public Records Disclosure Contact Sheet identifies records held by each department in Island County.
For Planning & Community Development records, submit a completed Public Records Request Form and mail it to:
Records Officer, Planning & Community Development, P.O. Box 5000, Coupeville, WA 98239.