ISLAND COUNTY Planning & Community Development
We are continuously attempting to make things easier for you to access. We hope this site is helpful!
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Land Use Application submittals by appointment only for details click here
COMPLETED BUILDING pERMITs ACCEPTED UNTIL 2:00 P.M.
cAMANO - completed BUILDING permits accepted 8:00 - 11:00 am & 1:00 - 2:00 PM
Planning and Community Development's Frequently Requested Items
- Revised FWHCA documents under consideration at the September 3, 2014 Work Session before the Board of County Commissioners
- Exhibit B - Amendments to Island County Code for Fish and Wildlife Habitat protection standards
- FWHCA documents under consideration at the public hearing before the Board of County Commissioners (7/21/14): hearing continued to 7/28/14 at 6:15 p.m.
1. Ordinance C-75-14 [PLG-006-14]
2. Exhibit A - Amendments to the Comprehensive Plan
3. Exhibit B - Amendments to Island County Code for Fish and Wildlife Habitat protection standards
4. Exhibit C - Amendments to Title III ICC
5. Exhibit D - Amendments to Title XVI ICC
6. Exhibit E - Amendments to Title XVII ICC
7. Exhibit F - Planning Commission Findings of Fact
The Board scheduled a public hearing to review suggested changes to the above exhibits for Monday, August 25, 2014 at 6:15 p.m.
Items with changes are as follows:
1. Cover Ordinance: click here
2. Clerical corrections to exhibit A: click here
3. Tracked changes proposed to Exhibit B: click here
4. Matrix to help explain and identified proposed changes to Exhibit B: click here
In addition to exhibits A - F listed above, the Ordinance itself will contain the following document as Exhibit E:
BOCC proposed Findings of Fact: click here
- NEW Ordinance - C-40-14 regarding implementation of I-502 Land Use regulations
(as signed by the BOCC 5/5/14)
New Sign Code Ordinance - click here.
- Airport Environs Map
- Disclosure Statements in ICC 9.44.050 and ICC 14.01B.100 - Memo to the BOCC 12-17-13
- Aircraft Accident Potential Zones (APZ) Overlay
- Learn more about Low Impact Development (LID)
Public Records Requests must be requested from the specific Department that holds the record.
The Island County Public Records Disclosure Contact Sheet identifies records held by each department in Island County.
For Planning & Community Development records, submit a completed Public Records Request Form to the Records Officer, Planning & Community Development, P.O. Box 5000, Coupeville, WA 98239.