ISLAND COUNTY Planning & Community Development
We are continuously attempting to make things easier for you to access. We hope this site is helpful!
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Land Use Application submittals by appointment only for details click here
COMPLETED BUILDING pERMITs ACCEPTED UNTIL 2:00 P.M.
cAMANO - completed BUILDING permits accepted 8:00 - 11:00 am & 1:00 - 2:00 PM
Planning and Community Development's Frequently Requested Items
- Visit the new Island County Comprehensive Plan Update Website for all the latest information on the update process!
- NEW - April 21, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. the Board of County Commissioners will consider Ordinance C-34-15 (PLG-002-15) In the matter of supporting the adoption of revised countywide planning policies and establishing a schedule and process for formal adoption.
- The Board of County Commissioners adopted C-16-15; PLG-001-15 at their Regular Meeting on 2/17/15. An Interim Official Control that amends Development Regulations which apply to preexisting agricultural activities within Critical Area Overlay Zones. A public hearing was held 3/24/15 at 6:00 p.m. where the Board reaffirmed this action.
Large versions of Appendix A to Exhibit B:
- North Whidbey map
- Central Whidbey map
- South Whidbey map
- Camano Island map
- Ordinance C-75-14 as signed by the Board of Island County Commissioners 9/22/14 amending Island County Code and the Island County Comprehensive Plan to update the County’s protection standards for Fish and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Areas.
Other materials associated with the Fish and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Areas update are available at the project website: Island County Fish and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Areas Update
Ordinance - C-40-14 regarding implementation of I-502 Land Use regulations
(as signed by the BOCC 5/5/14)
- Airport Environs Map
- Disclosure Statements in ICC 9.44.050 and ICC 14.01B.100 - Memo to the BOCC 12-17-13
- Aircraft Accident Potential Zones (APZ) Overlay
- Learn more about Low Impact Development (LID)
Public Records Requests must be requested from the specific Department that holds the record.
The Island County Public Records Disclosure Contact Sheet identifies records held by each department in Island County.
For Planning & Community Development records, submit a completed Public Records Request Form and mail it to:
Records Officer, Planning & Community Development, P.O. Box 5000, Coupeville, WA 98239.