ISLAND COUNTY Planning & Community Development
We are continuously attempting to make things easier for you to access. We hope this site is helpful!
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Land Use Application submittals by appointment only for details see land use permit page.
Planning and Community Development's Frequently Requested Items
Public Notices for Land Use Applications
Other Public Notices of meetings and hearings
- Current Planning Commission materials posted on Planning Commission Page
- Visit the Island County 2016 Comprehensive Plan Update Website
for all the latest information on the update process!
Extra Large Board Work Session or Board meeting materials:
Items that are too large to be scanned as part of the Board of Island County Commissioners regular agenda will be provided in the space below for the public's review:
Check out the County's new
Interactive Land Use / Zoning Web Map
New Preliminary FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps
NEW - The Washington State RiskMAP coordinator from Washington State Department of Ecology has put the mapping up on a GIS portal in order to provide access to viewing specific parcels. Click here to access the interactive map. This link has been updated with parcel layers to find your specific property.
Preliminary maps of the proposed FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM)
The latest Adopted Ordinances or Resolutions
Comprehensive Plan Update Ordinances or Resolutions are posted to the Website noted above
Island County has adopted new regulations for shoreline development. If you are planning development or construction within 200 feet of the shoreline these regulations may affect you. The new regulations are available by clicking on the link below (Item 3). These regulations will take effect January 19, 2016. Applications for permits received on or after that date will be subject to the updated regulations. Complete applications received before January 19, 2016 will be subject to the current applications.
If you have questions concerning the updated shoreline regulations, please contact our
office at 360-679-7339.
- C-107-05 cover ordinance
- Exhibit A
Goals and Policies
Shoreline Restoration Plan
- Exhibit B
Figures 1 and 2
- Exhibit C Board's Findings of Fact
- Exhibit D Planning Commission's Findings of Fact
- Exhibit E Shoreline Environmental Designation Map - Appendix to 17.05A ICC
- Exhibit F Map showing change to Shoreline Designation Map required by the Department of Ecology
- C-106-15 signed by the Board of Island County Commissioners10/20/15, amending Development Regulations which apply to preexisting agricultural activities within Critical Area Overlay Zones.
- Ordinance - C-40-14 regarding implementation of I-502 Land Use regulations
(as signed by the BOCC 5/5/14)
- Ordinance C-75-14 as signed by the Board of Island County Commissioners 9/22/14 amending Island County Code and the Island County Comprehensive Plan to update the County’s protection standards for Fish and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Areas.
Other materials associated with the Fish and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Areas update are available at the project website: Island County Fish and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Areas Update
- Airport Environs Map
- Disclosure Statements in ICC 9.44.050 and ICC 14.01B.100 - Memo to the BOCC 12-17-13
- Aircraft Accident Potential Zones (APZ) Overlay
Related Ordinance C-87-07
ICC 17.03.180.Z - Land Use Tables
Public Records Requests
Must be requested from the specific Department that holds the record.
The Island County Public Records Disclosure Contact Sheet identifies records held by each department in Island County. This will help identify which department to request a specific record from.
For Planning & Community Development records, submit a completed
Public Records Request Form
and mail it to: Records Officer, Planning & Community Development, P.O. Box 5000, Coupeville, WA 98239.